Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Will Create Food! - Roasted Garbanzo Beans



Snacks at our house go fast.  In an effort to cut down on the amount of crackers and chips that stream through our house, I have started making a few different snacks at home.  These roasted Garbanzo beans are a house favorite and are very easy make.

First preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

Next drain and rinse 2 cans of garbanzo beans (you can can use dried beans, but I stick with canned for the sake of time)
Toss the beans in 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add your favorite seasonings (I tend to stick with simple salt and pepper)
Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and toss in the oven for 35-40 minutes. (check after 30 minutes to make sure they're not burning.)
And that's it.  Simple as that. 
I generally have to make these twice a week as they disappear rather quickly around here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment