Monday, January 28, 2013

Cheater's Fudge - I Will Create Food!



I am going to preface this post by saying this recipe is in no way healthy, or normal, or healthy, or a replacement for truly homemade fudge, but if you have a hankering for fudge and you have neither the time nor resources to make your own, this will do in a pinch.

As a kid I remember hanging out in the kitchen with my Mom.  We talked and laughed, and I watched her create amazing food, seemingly out of random items in the kitchen.  Over the years I learned the tips and tricks that made the creation of food less mystical and more obtainable.  Among her many culinary talents, my Mom made a mean fudge.  It was the kind of fudge that you would savor for as long as possible and you would crave at the mere thought of it.  It was amazing.  It was also a pain to make.  The construction of her fudge seemed to require a small kitchen laboratory, it utilized candy thermometers and needed careful monitoring and precision....  most of which eludes me.  So I had resigned myself to store bought fudge until I found a recipe for Cheaters Fudge - a two ingredient fudge easy enough for my 4 year old to make. 

You Will Need:

9 x 9 pan
12 oz. bag of Chocolate Chips - you can use any kind that can be evenly melted : White, milk, dark, peanut butter, mint...
16oz. tub of frosting - again any flavor will work (avoid the whipped type)

Lightly spray you pan with cooking spray so the fudge doesn't stick.


Melt your chocolate chips until they are nice and smooth.


Mix in the frosting as evenly as possible.

Spread the mixture into the greased pan and toss it into the fridge.
Let it chill for 30 minutes or more, cut and eat.

As weird as this recipe sounds, the fudge is pretty good and you can make several varieties fairly quickly by using different chocolate chips/frosting or adding a touch of flavoring. It definitely doesn't hold a candle to Mom's amazing fudge but then again nothing really does.

Thanks cookiesandcups.com for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment